Hope everyone had a great holiday. I know some of you are still getting geared up for the party on New Years Eve however, January is fast approaching in the health club business. We all need a plan to cash in on some of the biggest months in the fitness industry. Here’s a checklist for you evaluate your preparedness.
- Is your 1st quarter gym marketing plan ready to execute? (Do you have a results-oriented message and gym promotion schedule that’s been tested and guaranteed to deliver tons of memberships for the next 3 months and beyond)
- Do you have effective health club management systems in place? (club operations are always smoother with proven systems)
- Is the gym staffed adequately? (Is there awell-trained reception staff & strong membership sales team, Sales oriented PT Director)
- What are your member retention activities ( keep people on board after resolution fever wears off)
- Can you capitalize on the additional membership activity in the club?(capture new revenue streams through boot camps, PT, Nutrition counseling , Kids Programing, Tanning, Smoking Cessation,Massage,ECT
- Is there a plan for the 2nd quarter in your fitness business?( Don’t get caught off-guard by the rush there’s still 9 months left)
If you answered YES to all 6 of these questions then Congratulations! you’ve been paying attention and best of all You should have a banner year in 2010.
If not, where have you been …….Uh ohh you better get cracking!
If you need assistance putting your gyms marketing plan in place , developing effective club management systems, honing your membership sales-team and staff skills, and finally maximizing your health clubs profit potential for the upcoming year YOU should get some help as quickly as possible or you will miss out!